Martin Luther King
He delivered his speech
- Boycott of bus in Montgomery
- Conference Southern Christian leaders
- National organization's foundation
- Creation of the Coordinating Committee non violent students
- " I have a dream"
- Commitment against Vietman's war
- Nobel Peace Prize
- Martin Luther King's murder
- Brave / Courageous
- A good and strong leader
- Altruistic (puts other first e.g. risks or gives life for others)
- Visionary (has far reaching ideas)
- Good or moral (strong beliefs or principles)
- Single minded / Focused (has a purpose)
- Kind and compassionate
- Just and fair minded
External linkVisit google
Quotations"What frightens me is not the oppression of the wicked ; is the indifference of good." - Martin Luther King
"I have a dream " - Martin Luther King
His speech in which he speaks about equality of each.
He was born in Atlanta in a rich family. In 1954, he became minister in Montgomery, and he supported Rosa Parks and throws the boycott. In his speech " I have a dream" that he delivered in front of 250 000 people, he throws a call for a country where everyone would have the same rights in the justice and peace. He was assassinated by a white man in 1968 in Memphis, while he prepared a march against the poverty.
Born in Atlanta the 15th January 1929, Martin Luther King played a major role for the emancipation of Blacks. He throws a call for a boycott after Rosa Parks get arrested because she refused to comply to move in the back of the bus; he organized the boycott. He take part of national organization's foundation with other black personalities. He decides to broaden in the country, his struggle no-violence for the rights of Blacks. He met Nehru in India and the president Eisenhower. The 28th August 1963, Washington, in the Lincoln memorial, he delivered the famous speech " I have a dream" and he dreams of a country where everyone would have the same rights in the justice and peace. He received the Nobel Peace Prize and became a world-figure. While he prepared a new march against the poverty, he was assassinated in the bedroom's balcony in Memphis, on the 4th April 1968. He was a symbol of no-violence as Gandhi. In his funeral in Atlanta, there was more 10 000 people.
Life in Martin Luther King's world
Was Martin Luther King a Hero?
- Brave and intelligent
- Many changes made profits for the world
- ntimidation attempts
- Non- violent struggle for civil rights for blacks
- " I have a dream "
- re´le majeur pour lâ emancipation des Afro-americains
- Awareness of the injustice of segregation in the United States.
Things you might not know about Martin Luther KingIn the city of North's Carolina, another state of the most racist of U.S.A. four black students settled on l February 1960, in a buffet reserved for whites and refused to leave. A radio station transmitted information, and Martin Luther King aproved of this act.
Terms and Conditions