All around the world
She helped the poor, and people not in the best situations, as well as teaching young girls.
- She won the Noble Peace Prize
- She opened a charity
- Opened many homes for the dying and unwanted
- Received Pope John XXIII Peace Prize
- Brave / Courageous
- A good and strong leader
- Altruistic (puts other first e.g. risks or gives life for others)
- Visionary (has far reaching ideas)
- Good or moral (strong beliefs or principles)
- Has integrity (stands up for what they believe and act accordingly)
- Perseverant / Tenacious (keeps going despite challenges)
- Single minded / Focused (has a purpose)
- Inspiring / Charismatic
- Kind and compassionate
- Just and fair minded
External linkVocation of Mother Teresa
The nun who helped the world become a better place
Mother Teresa helped improve the world in many ways. Her work still affects us today.
Mother Teresa was a nun who did extraordinary things voluntarily. She became a nun at a young age and moved to India (first) to help people there. In India, Mother Teresa helped a lot of poor and people in unfortunate situations, and taught young girls. She opened up the first home for the Dying and unwanted. Those houses later expanded all over the world. Mother Teresa also tried to help make world peace. She received numerous awards for the work she had done and continued to do. Even though Mother Teresa gave up a lot to help others, she still was a content person. Her life has taught us that you don't always need a great many thing to be a happy person who does great things.
Life in Mother Teresa's world
Was Mother Teresa a Hero?
- She sacrificed a lot to help people in need
Things you might not know about Mother TeresaHer birth name was, 'Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu'.
Terms and Conditions