- Gandhi was a successful lawyer with a law office in South Africa.
- Gandhi led a 200 mile Salt March so that the people of India could make and gather their own salt.
- Gandhi went on a 21 day fast to protest against the war between the Muslims and the Hindus and also to protest against Great Britain not allowing India to be free.
- Brave / Courageous
- A good and strong leader
- Good or moral (strong beliefs or principles)
- Has integrity (stands up for what they believe and act accordingly)
- Single minded / Focused (has a purpose)
- Kind and compassionate
- Just and fair minded
Quotations"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. " - Gandhi
"Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love." - Gandhi
Preeminent leader of the Indian independence movement in British-ruled India.
Mahatma Gandhi was a very courageous, and great leader for his people. He believed in peace, and he was against war. Gandhi was deeply respected by many people in his life, and is still respected by many people today.
Mahatma Gandhi was a very well known leader, who famously led Indians in challenging the British-imposed salt tax. Gandhi was imprisoned for many years of his life for speaking out for his people, and the way they were being mistreated. Throughout all the chaos of this time, Gandhi did not fight back with weapons, instead he decided to fight back with words. Gandhi believed in peace, and encouraged others to do the same, and not to go to war. Another thing that Gandhi was very passionate was, teaching the next generation of children to be peaceful people, and to never resort to war. "If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children."(Gandhi) Mahatma Gandhi was greatly looked up to by the people that he led they greatly respected, and trusted him. They named him "The Father of the Nation" Gandhi deeply respected others and always put others before himself.
Life in Mahatma Gandhi's world
Was Mahatma Gandhi a Hero?
- Strong and powerful leader
Things you might not know about Mahatma GandhiGreat Britain, the country against whom he fought for independence, released a stamp honouring him, 21 years after his death.
Terms and Conditions