Jackie Robinson's birth place
- Served in the militrary
- First black MLB player
- Signed the baseball contract
- Won most valuable player
- Starred in a movie about him
- Had a award made off of him
- Brave / Courageous
- A good and strong leader
- Good or moral (strong beliefs or principles)
- Single minded / Focused (has a purpose)
- Inspiring / Charismatic
- Kind and compassionate
- Just and fair minded
External linkVisit Great black Heroes
Quotations"There's not an American in this country free until everyone of us is free." - Jackie Robinson
The first colored major league baseball player
Jackie Robinson was a hero for major league baseball. He was the first black major league baseball player. He broke the color line when he was drafted and ended segregation.
Jackie Robinson was the first black major league baseball player but before that he was just a normal colored kid that loved athletics. He never liked racism and got in quite a bit of trouble trying to prove that he was right. He later got jobs to do with sports so he did not have to continue his military career in war. Jackie was a athletic director and basketball coach that then got offered to play as the first black baseball player for the major leagues.
Life in Jackie Robinson's world
Was Jackie Robinson a Hero?
- He stood up for human rights
- He is inspiring to all young people
- He was a leader to the people he taught baseball to
- He was brave to stand up to racism
- He was kind to the people he did not agree with
Things you might not know about Jackie RobinsonJackie Robinson played for the Dodgers.
Terms and Conditions