Confucius (Kong Qui)
Born in the Lu state of China. Died in Qufu, China.
- His ideas become the basis for Chinese ideology in the Han Dynasty.
- In the 4th century BC he was considered a sage.
- Considered one of the most influential figures in Chinese history.
- Edited the Book of Documents and Book of Odes, two very influential books.
- Single minded / Focused (has a purpose)
Quotations"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius
"It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get." - Confucius
The Chinese philosopher whose work changed the ancient state of China.
Confucius was an infamous Chinese philosopher whose work would go on to become the basis of popular Chinese philosophy and life in general.
It is very hard to tell fact from fiction when it comes to Confucius' life. He was born in Lu, a state of Ancient China, in 551 BC. Some say he was born in poverty, others say he was born to a noble family. He grew up in a very rocky time period in Ancient China. When he started working on his philosophy work, he had very few followers and little recognition for his work. Little did he know, his work would become the basis of teaching in China. You would be required to know who he was and what his work was if you planned to become a government or military official. Confucianism would be followed for over two millennia, and although its been transformed, it is still used as a basis for learning in many East Asian countries.
Life in Confucius (Kong Qui)'s world
Was Confucius (Kong Qui) a Hero?
- His Philosophy helped China in a time of social unrest.
- His books and revisions helped social order in China.
Things you might not know about Confucius (Kong Qui)Confucius was the speaker of the famous "Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself."
Terms and Conditions