OG Bobby Johnson
Played on the Brookyln Dodgers
- Named National League Rookie of the Year in 1947.
- Led the National League in stolen bases in 1947 and 1949.
- Led second basemen in double plays 1949, 1950, 1951 and 1952.
- Selected as the National League MVP in 1949
- Won the 1949 batting title with a .342.
- National League All-Star Team, 1949-1954.
- Had a career batting average of .311 with the Dodgers, .333 in All-Star games Led the Dodgers to six World Series and one World Series Championship in a 10-year span.
- Brave / Courageous
- Inspiring / Charismatic
Quotations""A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."" - Jackie Robinson
The man who broke the color line in the baseball
Jackie Robinson was the first ever African-American baseball player to play MLB. African Americans usually play for the Negroes Leagues. He served as an inspiration to black people at the time.
Jackie Robinson was brave. Being the first African-American baseball player ever to play in the MLB (Major League Baseball), takes a lot of courage, and bravery. Showing his heroism. He was a leader, by being the first black baseball player encouraged other colored people to never give up.
Life in Jackie Robinson's world
Was Jackie Robinson a Hero?
Things you might not know about Jackie RobinsonHe became the first athlete to letter in four sports ( Basketball, Football, Track, Baseball)
Terms and Conditions