Where he fought to bring the realization that you don't need violence.
- Peace Maker
- Brought many people out of their violent ways
- Never gave into his doubters
- Loved everything
- Brave / Courageous
- A good and strong leader
- Altruistic (puts other first e.g. risks or gives life for others)
- Visionary (has far reaching ideas)
- Good or moral (strong beliefs or principles)
- Has integrity (stands up for what they believe and act accordingly)
- Perseverant / Tenacious (keeps going despite challenges)
- Inspiring / Charismatic
- Kind and compassionate
- Just and fair minded
External linkBiography of Mahatma Gandhi
Quotations"First they ignore you, Then they laugh at you, Then they fight you, Then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. " - Mahatma Gandhi
The man who fought with peace
Gandhi was an Indian during World War 2. He believed that you should never use violence to solve problems.
Life was not pretty at all during World War 2. Many people shot down Gandhi's ideas of using peace instead of violence to solve our problems. Someone also shot down him on January 30, 1948. So you may ask "Why should I care? It was so long ago and not even close to where I live!" And if you are saying that then let me tell you this. Gandhi was and is one of the most influential people of all time.
You see today if you get a new jacket and go to school people may not like it and chances are you won't wear it again. Now imagine having this idea. This idea that you believe in so much that you sometimes go for multiple days without eating so people can see your idea. Now instead of just your schoolmates not liking it, it is almost a whole country all against you. And instead of not wearing a jacket you keep going. You believe in this idea so so much that you keep persevering and trying to get people to see the world from your point of view.
This person I am talking about is Gandhi. He kept going to try to get the world to turn against their ways of violence and solve their problems with peace. And some people went to such extreme lengths to get him to stop believing in his ideas of peace that he got assassinated. Yes a great person like Gandhi got killed purely because he was trying to show the world such an important lesson that so many people today fail to see.
Life in Mahatma Gandhi's world
Was Mahatma Gandhi a Hero?
- Influenced others
- Never gave in
- Influenced many people in his time
- Still influence people today
- People all around the world know about him
- Wanted to bring the world to peace
- Just wanted the world to stop fighting and using violence
Things you might not know about Mahatma GandhiGandhi was actually shot by a Hindu, like himself.
Terms and Conditions